TYA Show Rights accepts original plays and musicals for young audiences that ask big questions, incite curiosity, and spark spirited discussions among kids, parents, and teachers. We will accept and consider manuscripts ONLY if they meet the following criteria:
- We accept work that respects the intelligence of young audiences and compels adults and children alike. We hold our material to the same artistic standards as any company developing work for adult audiences.
- Only plays that have been professionally produced, or that are scheduled to be professionally produced are eligible for submission.
- We are currently accepting submissions from individual playwrights, playwriting teams, and theater companies. Any team submitting an adaptation must have already acquired the rights to the text they have adapted.
- We accept plays and musicals in three categories: immersive shows for audiences aged 2-5 (around 30 minutes in length), shows for audiences aged 4-8 (60 minutes), and shows for audiences aged 8 and up (up to 70 minutes).
Works that do not meet the above criteria WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Due to the large number of scripts we receive, we are only able to respond to submissions we are interested in.
- In order to submit your piece, include a copy of the script.
- If you are submitting a musical, you must include a notated score and audio recordings of the musical content.
- Include a synopsis of the play, its production history and/or photographs from productions, any relevant reviews, and any playwriting awards it has won. Stronger submissions will include a full video or video excerpt of a performance or polished rehearsal of the piece.
- Include a casting breakdown including character descriptions, suggestions for double-casting, and cast-extension possibilities.
- Summarize the technical demands of the play.
- Include your resume.
To submit your piece, please email the requested materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.